- WD Community
- News & Assistance
- New to Community
- Forum Feedback
- Software & Apps
- WD Software
- WD Mobile Apps
- Software & Accessory Ideas
- WD TV Live Streaming
- Live Streaming Discussions
- Live Streaming Firmware
- Live Streaming Ideas
- Live Streaming Issues
- WD TV Live Hub
- Hub Discussions
- Hub Firmware
- Hub Themes
- WD TV Live Hub Ideas
- WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting
- WD TV Play
- WD TV Play
- Live & Live Plus
- Live Discussions
- Live Firmware
- Elements Play
- Elements Play
- External Drives
- Mac Externals
- PC Externals
- Portable Drives
- External Drive Ideas
- Network Devices
- Networking Devices
- Live Duo
- My Book Live
- Other Network Drives
- Network Product Ideas
- Internal Drives
- Desktop & Portable
- Internal Drive Ideas
- Nuevo a La Comunidad
- Los Productos de WD
- Software y Accesorios
- Reproductores Multimedia
- Unidades de Red
- Unidades Externas
- Unidades Internas
- Neu in der Community
- WD Produkte
- WD Programme
- WD TV Media Player
- Netzwerk Laufwerke
- Externe Laufwerke
- Interne Laufwerke
- Annunci e Novita'
- Nuovo per La Comunita'
- Prodotti WD
- Programmi & Accessori
- Riproduttori Multimediali
- Dischi di Rete
- Dischi Esterni
- Dischi Interni
- WD TV Legacy
- Hub Network
- Live Networking
- WD TV HD
- WD TV Mini
- WD Photos
- Other Software & Accessories
- Hard Drives
- WD ShareSpace
- Other Externals
- Other Internal Drives
05-31-2012 02:21 PM - edited 06-01-2012 12:18 AM
06-01-2012 12:11 AM - edited 06-01-2012 09:04 AM
update failed, wasted hours of retry... Always goes like this :
root 24174 1 0 79 2752 0 08:57 ? 00:00:00 /bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /CacheVolume/ap2
root 24207 24174 6 163 8512 0 08:57 ? 00:00:02 dpkg -i /CacheVolume/ap2nc-023108-067-20120515.deb
root 24375 24207 0 65 1792 0 08:58 ? 00:00:00 dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile /CacheVolume/ap2nc-023108-067-20120515.d
root 24377 24375 2 65 1792 0 08:58 ? 00:00:00 dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile /CacheVolume/ap2nc-023108-067-20120515
root 24378 24375 61 64 2496 0 08:58 ? 00:00:14 xz -dc --format=lzma
root 24208 24174 0 56 1472 0 08:57 ? 00:00:00 tee /CacheVolume/update.log
root 24374 1 0 80 2176 0 08:58 ? 00:00:00 /bin/bash /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst upgrade 02.31.08-067
root 24497 24374 0 61 1856 0 08:58 ? 00:00:00 sleep 10
then it stops with error message 31105. Same when I try to install it by seeking/downloading...
Edited: found solution myself: some files due to be overwritten where read-only, I don't know how this could happen...
I put them to 755 ...and then it went...
06-01-2012 06:19 AM
After 2 days of successfully showing up on the PS3 suddenly (without any changes) the wd media server is not shown again..
I can still view all files through the other media servers. And can access the NAS on my laptop.
06-01-2012 05:47 PM - edited 06-02-2012 05:31 AM
I have had similar issues with my 6TB version. I hope someone can offer some help.
Problem: Drive shows up on my Mac and Windows 7 laptop and I can read/write/stream to them but does not show up on my PS3 or Xbox.
- Media streaming is enabled in the Duo's UI and shows the PS3's ip and lists it as a generic media server.
- A rescan of the media is ongoing (days) and still only shows at 8 video files no pics, no music.
- I currently have 400+ videos, 9000+ photos and 4000+ music tracks on the Duo.
- All have been placed in the 'pre-setup' public shares, no new shares have been created.
- I am using Raid1 format.
- The latest firmware has been applied to the Duo.
- I can access all files from the WD 2go app on my Ipad (works very well) and all pic's from the WD photo app on my android phone which both appear to work locally and via the internet.
- PS3 has 'Media Server Connection' Enabled in network settings.
- PS3 is hard-wired to my router as is the Duo.
- The Duo is seen on the PS3 after a rescan of the media servers on the Duo (and PS3) but is not accessible. It then disappears shortly after.
- [EDIT] SmartWare on my windows laptop only shows the Duo intermittently.
I would be happy if I could sort out the PS3 issue, not so worried about the xbox just yet.
Thanks in advance.
06-03-2012 01:52 AM
I just tried to install this upgrade to my brand new My Bool Live Duo 6 TB.
Using automatic upgrade, I got some file copying errors during upgrade and the upgrade fails.
Same for manual upgrade over the gui.
When trying to do the update using SSH, i get the expected output
- but nothing happens after that.
Actually, I now have a LED blue mixed with red (?) and nothing happens.
What should I do?
06-03-2012 02:19 AM
I have Logitech Media Server (LMS) running on my MBLD as well as some cron tasks.
Will I have to reinstall LMS and reconfigure crontab after the firmware update?
To answer my own questions, yes, and yes.
I had no problems with the firmware update, and had LMS reinstalled and my cron jobs reconfigured within an hour.
06-03-2012 05:00 AM - edited 06-03-2012 05:03 AM
06-03-2012 01:31 PM
are you still able to SSH ?
if yes, after you used the update command, you can see status of update with the following
ssh window is not like GUI to show current status, you need to run the above command each time you help want to see the status which is from 0-100% , takes about 8-12mins usually for complete upgrade.
hope it helps .
06-03-2012 02:26 PM
thanks for the information!
I will test this tomorrow, actuall I was able to get the LED to green by rebooting using the GUI. But: The update still is not installed.
I guess, the update fails because some files need to be 775 but are not.