02-23-2012 02:01 AM
I purchased WD Scorpio Blue 500GB internal HDD and was hoping to use True Image to make an image of my existing HDD (Non-WD) and migrate to WD 500GB for my Laptop.
But the installation did not complete as True Image could not find any WD product in my Laptop.
Is there anyway I could use the free True Image to make an Image and migrate to new 500GB without needing to buy it from Acronics.
02-24-2012 11:17 AM
This version of Acronis is for WD drives only
Try another software to clone the drive
check this site
02-25-2012 02:21 PM
I managed to sort this out by doing the following:
- Installed 2012 Acronis True Image (Trial version)
- Backed up my old HDD into a network drive
- Created a boot media using the trial version Acronis True Image
- Got myself a USB to SATA docking station - Formatted and Partitioned my WD500 GB
- Aligned the WD500 GB using the Free Acronis Disk Align software (Free download from WD)
- Installed the new WD500 GB HDD into my laptop and booted with the Boot Media created above
- "Recovered" the back up from Network drive into my WD500 GB.
After 2 hours I have everything restored into my new HDD, and all working fine...
Thanks to Acronis for the wonderful software .