- WD Community
- News & Assistance
- New to Community
- Forum Feedback
- Software & Apps
- WD Software
- WD Mobile Apps
- Software & Accessory Ideas
- WD TV Live Streaming
- Live Streaming Discussions
- Live Streaming Firmware
- Live Streaming Ideas
- Live Streaming Issues
- WD TV Live Hub
- Hub Discussions
- Hub Firmware
- Hub Themes
- WD TV Live Hub Ideas
- WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting
- WD TV Play
- WD TV Play
- Live & Live Plus
- Live Discussions
- Live Firmware
- Elements Play
- Elements Play
- External Drives
- Mac Externals
- PC Externals
- Portable Drives
- External Drive Ideas
- Network Devices
- Networking Devices
- Live Duo
- My Book Live
- Other Network Drives
- Network Product Ideas
- Internal Drives
- Desktop & Portable
- Internal Drive Ideas
- Nuevo a La Comunidad
- Los Productos de WD
- Software y Accesorios
- Reproductores Multimedia
- Unidades de Red
- Unidades Externas
- Unidades Internas
- Neu in der Community
- WD Produkte
- WD Programme
- WD TV Media Player
- Netzwerk Laufwerke
- Externe Laufwerke
- Interne Laufwerke
- Annunci e Novita'
- Nuovo per La Comunita'
- Prodotti WD
- Programmi & Accessori
- Riproduttori Multimediali
- Dischi di Rete
- Dischi Esterni
- Dischi Interni
- WD TV Legacy
- Hub Network
- Live Networking
- WD TV HD
- WD TV Mini
- WD Photos
- Other Software & Accessories
- Hard Drives
- WD ShareSpace
- Other Externals
- Other Internal Drives
12-22-2010 05:00 AM
I am not adding, I am reading it. It used to be that the new problem was added on and now its divided into headings I can't see what's new without comparing it to the last post.
My apologies. I understand now.
The only thing I can think of would be for anyone adding something new to the list to italicize, make bold and change the color to green whatever they added. Of course you have to have a starting point, so I propose we start with the latest posting of the list before my post here.
The downside is that that relies on everyone following that protocol. That's the best I can come up with using this format. Like you said, this format has it's limitations.
12-22-2010 10:03 AM
Adding my Xs. Also, under Power off/on problems, I split 'Display resolution defaults to 720p' into 2 parts (because I had the first problem, but not the one that was in the 2nd sentence).
Power off/on problems:
- Box does not remember the video resolution/frequency. When manually set (to anything other than 'Auto') the box should remember that video setting the next time it is turned on. XX
- Box does not remember the colorspace value. When manually set (to anything other than 'Auto') the box should remember that colorspace setting the next time it is turned on. XX
- Display resolution defaults to 720p after AC power has been removed for a few hours. X
- Display resolution defaults to 720p 60Hz from 1080p 50Hz after device has been in standby mode for one day. (Please check whether it's just the splash screen)
- Network Shares (s. http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Firmware-Release-Firmware-Version-1-04-10-V-for-WD-TV-Live.
.. you might want to skip the facotry reset the first time round)
- Fade in/out broken
- The HDMI output option for 1080p 23.976 Hz has been removed. X
- When displaying photos, the black level sent to the TV is much higher than it was in version 1.02.21. Pictures look washed out and over exposed. X
- Audio too loud and distorted
- Switching off TV also kills WD TV Live Audio output
- MKV files seems to stutter
- After starting play avi xvid file, push option button, option menu appear and icon of audiotracks have info: no audiochannel, but if i move menu < or > then it show correct audioinfo
- Problems while audio channel switching, sometimes it switch on wrong channel but it show in menu right channel. Sometimes while switching sound out of sync.
- Fast forward (>4 times, or skip 10 minutes) on transport stream files results in playaback starting from the beginning.
- Fast forward with some DivX videos results in playback starting from the beginning. Using USB HDD.
- Vorbis audio has very annoying and frequent intermittent pops and clicks. I have videos (MKV: x264, vorbis) that previously played fine, but now the audio gets the previously mentioned pops and clicks noises throughout the video - it gets worse the longer you play the video.
- Playback of a video has problems with AC3 audio. With starting it has "electronic" noise "click"/"scratch". Also after resuming or continuing playback after pause. Didn't happen with version 1.02.21.
- Screen Saver does not function when a Video file is paused.
- subtitle setting never stays ON and after few hours (randomly) it goes back to OFF (default).
- Incorrect subtitle color palette for embedded sub/idx subtitles in mkv (external subtitle palettte is correct)
- Network shares issues (more often than not works, but sometimes freezes and I have to make a hard reboot -unplugging/plugging mains- the only option. And I've tried waiting 5+ minutes!)
- Open Network Share isn't available for WD TV Live. Worked before version 1.03.49_V and 1.04.10_V.
- Network-performance droped compared to former firmware versions --> result: stuttering playback of high bitrate videos on low bandwidth-networks (such as WLAN, DLAN). X
- Stuttering of files on the network (e.g. MKV) which worked properly before
HDMI Handshake issues:
- Often no picture via HDMI when powering on the WD TV Live (not sure if this is identical to the RGB-bug below, but I did not alter the color settings at all and have HDMI set to auto = 1080p/60). X
- Digital Audio via HDMI, DTS and DD 5.1 does not work (possibly an EDID issue). 1.02.21 did not have this issue (please WD, just send bitstream through HDMI and ignore EDID information) X
- Sometimes audio not heard through TOSC however sent through HDMI. Audio setting "digital passthrough optical only' selected. seems to be AC3 2.0 files
- When Playing .M2TS files, first there is no sound for a certain time, then the picture freezes and the sound is beeing played. Than sound and pictures are synchronous.
- User interface translation issues, especially into German X
- Setting the display resolution to 1080p/24Hz/12 bit with any color space setting (RGB High, RGB Low, or YCbCr) causes distinctive banding on the blue menu background. This color banding disappears when switching to 1080p/60Hz /12 bit.
- HDMI RGB level setting is not remembered, maybe limited to HDMI-DVI cable connections. RGB level gets reset t to "RGB High" every time unit is powered on, resluting in black crush.
- When playing DVD and hit pause, after resume, the info bar does not go away. XX
- DVD Navigation - Progress bar does not hide after skipping chapters. XX
- Lost the ability to zoom when playing an .iso (since menus are available I think).
- .ISO Files are working, .VOB files are stuttering. X
- Playon does not work
- Only US Layout for USB keyboard
- USB Keyboard controls are lagging; seems to wait until input is displayed (e.g. passwords) or current onscreen animation (e.g. moving from Video to Audio) finishes before accepting new input.
- foldersymbols in the middle of the thumbs (annoying!)
- Screen Alignment problem on a 4:3 TV when using Flingo and facebook - the far left and right of the screen are cutoff.
- Cant skip to the next/previous song in a Deezer playlist.
- Login Problems with Deezer- login, power off and then go back to deezer and select My music->playlists and you get a get a no media in current folder message
- Flingo freezes when browsing channels
- slow responsiveness when using pause/play/ffw (flingo)
- Login Problems with mediafly - login, power off and then go back to media fly and select My Channels and you'll get a no media in current folder message
- Menu navigation sometimes still slow, but after some time of watching movie it's become faster.
- It's slow react on enter button (on 1.03.49 was faster) when moving in settings or watch movie, sometimes need push it twice.
- Animation of pics while menu navigations is strange, like garbage from another pictures while moving.
- While watching movie menu that appear after pushing option is not translated (wdtv is set to russian menu language)
- jerky playback on Tekzilla
- Live365 Preset radio stations broke. This data is kept on Live365 servers, worked on previous firmware.
- File manager is broken. I try delete from usb hdd folder with 3 files inside, first problem, no highlight of action icons. When first 2 files was deleted, indication hangs. Only back batton allow go out from it.
- [File Manager] In addition, when trying to move a file from one Hdd to another (USB1 to USB2) using Settings\File Management, the status indication also hangs on 100%, does not report the operation as successfully completed, and only the back button allows you to go out from it.
- Add a new boolean variable in the configuration database, when bootup set to "True", and only when poweroff the box, set the variable to "False". In this way when the box poweron after power outage, the player return in standby mode becouse the boolean variable is set to "False".
12-23-2010 06:46 AM
I am not sure where to place this but mine seems to be a problem that others aren't having. I am getting a reset from 1080p/24 to 1080i/60 after watching some .mkv files. This happens without a full restart of the machine.
12-26-2010 02:21 PM
After the firmware upgrade, my WD live plays mp4 movie but no sound. Even with optical input.
Downgraded to "wdtvlive_1_2_21_V_Rollback" and sound works again.
I downloaded the firmware rollback from "http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduse
HDMI for both video and audio