Advisor

Thumbnail for Home Movie

Forgive me if this was covered on another forum but I didn't see it if it was...Is there anyway to create a thumbnail picture for my home movies so it will appear in the grid view?

thanks!

-Bill

Honored Contributor

Re: Thumbnail for Home Movie

Get your picture and name it exactly the same as your movie name. 

e.g.

home movie.avi

home movie.jpg

Advisor

Thanks for the reply!  I tried this and it worked but not quite 100%.  My home movies are in a folder called:

2010 Videos

The home movie that I wanted a thumbnail for is called:

2010 Outerbanks.avi (which resides in the 2010 Videos folder)

I took a jpeg pic and renamed it: "2010 Outerbanks.jpeg" and dropped it in the 2010 Videos folder.

The thumbnail appears in the 2010 Videos folder and not the 2010 Outerbanks.avi file...

Am I doing something wrong?

-Bill

Advisor

Another thing that I just tried and is weird:  I placed a jpg for a movie in the folder and renamed it to match the movie.  I didn't like the way it looked so I deleted the jpg from WDTV internal drive...WDTV Hub then said "compiling media library" so I thought it was removing the thumbnail, but it still shows up as a thumbnail...????  I must be doing something wrong.....

-Bill

Frequent Advisor

Don't use .jpeg, use .jpg. That works on the WD TV Live, so I assume it's the same here. Hope it helps.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As above, make sure the extension is .jpg, not .jpeg!  Smiley Happy

Also, keep the filesize and dimensions fairly small.  Less than 70kb and about 200x300px.

Grant
WD TV Live SMP :: WD TV Live Hub :: WD Livewire :: WD MyBookLive 1TB
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD