Occasional Visitor

Does WDTV-Live play "ISO" files ? (not listed in specs)

The video file format specifications for the WDTV Live are posed on their site as:

AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9 
ISO seems to be missing ?   Or is it me that's missing something ?
Advisor

Re: Does WDTV-Live play "ISO" files ? (not listed in specs)

Check user Manual, it's listed under Video Container along with .VOB

Occasional Visitor

I should have mentioned I don't one a WDTV Live yet , and am considering buying, and wanted to be sure before I bought.   So I don't have a user manual and didn't think to download it and read it.  That's a good idea though.

Strange they would omit it from the specs ?

Frequent Advisor

Yes It plays ISO's
Occasional Advisor

I guess they originally wanted to support ISO, but then something happened, and removed the traces from the site.They could not remove from the printed material though.

One reason could be a technical problem - the chip cannot handle all features well, and locks. For example my unit often locks on some ISO's when FF-ing through some unsupported feature (like multi-angle). When I asked the tech support they suggested to avoid ISO and use some other supported format. Smiley Happy

Another reason could be of legal origin. Perhaps they forgot to buy the ISO licence.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD