- WD Community
- News & Assistance
- New to Community
- Forum Feedback
- Software & Apps
- WD Software
- WD Mobile Apps
- Software & Accessory Ideas
- WD TV Live Streaming
- Live Streaming Discussions
- Live Streaming Firmware
- Live Streaming Ideas
- Live Streaming Issues
- WD TV Live Hub
- Hub Discussions
- Hub Firmware
- Hub Themes
- WD TV Live Hub Ideas
- WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting
- WD TV Play
- WD TV Play
- Live & Live Plus
- Live Discussions
- Live Firmware
- Elements Play
- Elements Play
- External Drives
- Mac Externals
- PC Externals
- Portable Drives
- External Drive Ideas
- Network Devices
- Networking Devices
- Live Duo
- My Book Live
- Other Network Drives
- Network Product Ideas
- Internal Drives
- Desktop & Portable
- Internal Drive Ideas
- Nuevo a La Comunidad
- Los Productos de WD
- Software y Accesorios
- Reproductores Multimedia
- Unidades de Red
- Unidades Externas
- Unidades Internas
- Neu in der Community
- WD Produkte
- WD Programme
- WD TV Media Player
- Netzwerk Laufwerke
- Externe Laufwerke
- Interne Laufwerke
- Annunci e Novita'
- Nuovo per La Comunita'
- Prodotti WD
- Programmi & Accessori
- Riproduttori Multimediali
- Dischi di Rete
- Dischi Esterni
- Dischi Interni
- WD TV Legacy
- Hub Network
- Live Networking
- WD TV HD
- WD TV Mini
- WD Photos
- Other Software & Accessories
- Hard Drives
- WD ShareSpace
- Other Externals
- Other Internal Drives
03-01-2012 02:17 PM
No, you can't use this firmware on older generation models, this only works for the WD live SMP 3rd Gen, there are no newer updates for your first generation device.
03-01-2012 02:47 PM
03-01-2012 03:13 PM
Another random thing. With any build higher than 1.4.12 it seems the box starts broadcasting like crazy over the network.
I'm using LAN but checking DD-WRT Bandwidth Monitor on WL0 (2.4Ghz) shows it getting a constant stream of incoming information even though i've never input the SSID/WPA2 passwords. Checking on my switch shows line activity for anything that's turned on, active or not. I'll pull the cable for the WDTV and all line noise stops (excepting WIFI of-course).
Does anyone else have their switch (router) LEDs going crazy when this build or anything newer than the 1.4 build? I'm on that one now and the network LED in my Xbox and WHS 2011 boxes are quiet but as soon as I upgrade they start blinking like crazy!!!
03-01-2012 03:16 PM
Also, according to Bill_S, you need to reset the device to retrigger the geolocation check. This also happens when you initially apply the firmware upgrade. You probably already knew this, though; but, just in case.
03-01-2012 03:33 PM - edited 03-01-2012 03:38 PM
Netflix is also legal to use in my country, Costa Rica, i did a rollback and the Netflix app came back... I will not install any new firmware until WD confirms that this will not happend again... I'm Not happy with WD right now.
Why do you insist on blaming WD for this?
Nowhere on WD's website does it say the SMP works with Costa Rica.
YOU made a mistake. YOU made the assumption that it "Should" work, yet YOU blame WD...
You can hold your breath; WD has already told you what countries are supported via NetFlix on the SMP...
You need to read better.
TonyPh12345 why are you helping WD? We all agree that WD doesn't do support very well. Upgrade after upgrade, nothing main get fixed, but some waste items are put in there.. but who cares? I think They better provide the first firmware so that everyone can rollback to that one, and they can close down the department.
03-01-2012 03:48 PM
I did the rollback, the box is fine now... I strongly recommend to all those who have this problem to do the same.
03-01-2012 04:23 PM
Already installed Firmware version 1.07.15.
No Netflix, no Huluplus, no Pandora. What to do to get them back or how to reinstall the previous version on the WD BHG70000 model?
03-01-2012 04:42 PM
Colon, the same happened to me... I fixed it by downloading firmware 1.06.04 from here:
03-01-2012 04:47 PM
I would also like to note that when you read the release notes (and I did, before installing the update) there is no mention of this new "feature" that disables services to users because of geolocation on the device.
And to me that is misleading the users to do something that it will affect them.
What's in this update? Release 1.07.15 (2/29/2012)
* Supports Skitter TV internet television service
* Supports MLB.TV
* Resolved Get Content Info conflict caused by folders with similar names.
* Resolved mp4 video freezing, audio sync and "Unsupported Message" issues.
* Resolved unable to play MOV videos.
* Resolved MKV video with FLAC audio does not play audio issue.
* Resolved Vorbis audio in MKV container audio spikes during playback issue.
* Resolved remote shortcut keys conflict with the onscreen keyboard during search.
* Resolved movie thumbnail extremely grainy and pixilated.
* Resolved rescan media library after every reboot.
* Resolved BBC radio mute function does not un-mute issue.
* Resolved rescan Get Content Info does not refresh thumbnail issue.
* Resolved movie backdrops do not display without network connection or after network disruption.
* Resolved several Spotify user interface and translation issues.
* Resolved Spotify popping and glitching sounds when skipping tracks issue.
* Resolved Spotify tracks do not play when sharing playlist.
* Resolved Yota Music intermittently hangs issue.
* Resolved YouTube Leanback rebooting issue.
* Resolved PlayJam unable to un-mute issue.
* Resolved WPS Network setup completed message looping.
* Resolved ComedyTime Pause and Play will not work after FFW or RWD several times.
* Resolved several language translation issues.
* General info:
* Blockbuster video download service will no longer be supported on the WD TV as of 3/31/2012. You will still be able to watch your purchased videos.
* Mediafly will no longer be supported as of 3/31/2012.