02-02-2013 12:10 PM
Features I would like to see integrated into a next generation WD TV LIve:
- 4 USB 3.0
- WIFI dual band 802.11ac, support 5 Ghz band
- more aplications, example compatibility with Android aplications
- More Aplications in spanish. For example, to see films.
- Interna capacity to install more applications
04-03-2013 06:43 AM
While searching for a next gen (gen 4?) WDTV Live I found this thread.
Are there any official announcements for a new generation?
I want to buy a WDTV HD Live (WDBGXT0000NBK-EESN) and was worried,
because there are nearly no shops in Austria which have it on stock.
Now I want to know, if I should buy the gen 3 or should wait for gen 4 if its released within the next month.
04-03-2013 09:53 PM
There are 2 parts to this answer:
1. There will definitely be a successor to the WD Live SMP -- that's life with technology.
2. The question is when? Who knows?! I think sometime well before Christmas, so they can become Xmas presents! Most major new gizmos appear late summer to early fall. (Unless the target date slips and they are late!)