WD Community Usage Guidelines
Welcome to the WD Community! Western Digital ("WD") provides the WD Community as a service to its users and customers, to help them exchange ideas, tips, information, and techniques related to our products.
While our community is aimed at WD customers and users, we welcome everyone with an interest in WD products and services, as long as you observe these community rules:
- Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Please do not post any material that (1) is fraudulent, misleading, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, abusive, violent, threatening, profane, vulgar or obscene, (2) harasses others, promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group, promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or age or (3) otherwise interferes with another party's use of the WD Community.
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community and to the specific forum or blog where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.
- Keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret, or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect privacy - yours and others. Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Share your business email address if you wish, but don't post personal information-your own or anyone else's-including contact information or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent.
- Remember, this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or implementation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Keep it legal. You remain solely responsible to comply with applicable law. Accordingly, you should no post any material (1) that would infringe on any intellectual property rights of any party including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright, (2) that contains any adware, malware, spyware, computer programming routines, software or viruses that are intended to damage, interfere with or in any way limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, intercept or expropriate any system data or personal information, permit unauthorized access to the WD Community or any part thereof or disable, damage or erase any portion of the content or advertisements processed or stored therein, (3) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal or international law or (4) that promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances or provides instructional information about activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or substances.
- No Spamming. The WD Community is provided to our users and customers and are not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites or organizations. Please do not post any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals.
- Not a Legal Venue. The WD Community is not a legal venue, and as such any discussion of litigation (past, present or future) shall not be allowed. WD retains the right to remove such content and to limit participants' access to the WD Community if this type of content is posted.