The default behaviour of this device is to power on when connected to a power supply. This is annoying as the device will start up after a power failure instead of returning to a standby state. With HDMI CEC activated, this also causes my TV and Receiver to power on after a power failure.
Please change the default behaviour to standby when connected to power, or at least provide an option so we can disable auto power on.
byVandy5411-03-201412:43 AM - edited 11-08-201401:57 AM
I cannot see how this drive(s) will benefit a professional photographer. Mostly, the archival enthusists as well as the professional photographer save their images in three major formats, RAW, Tiff, and DNG. All of these with embeded thumbnails are not viewable with the software provided by WD. How hard could this be people? When you are looking for a specific image to bring up, assumming you don't label every image independantly other than by model, date, or event, you have to literaly re-download all the images in a folder in order to find the one that you are looking for. In some instances this means folders that hold hundreds of images, some at 200+mb a photo, of the same event. When you have images that hold mega content this means A LOT of extra time. Please WD, think of workflow as well. Let other formats be visible via embeded thumbnai other than just simply jpg. images. I might have to change storage devices if this does not happen soon. A shame.
What would make the wd 2go and my book live a truly great personal/small business cloud storage product are the following enhancements:
1. Merge the functionality of wd photos into wd 2go. You don't need two products.
2. Please show thumbnails for photo files.
3. Please provide "tv out" function support in wd 2go on iPad, iPhone. This will be fantastic to be able to stream to TV directly,
4. Provide support to play .mpg video files natively in iPad, iPhone and not to pass off to another app as in "open in" menu. This will bring a lot of the older videos into my book live cloud store, thereby increasing demand for storage, which is good for Western Digital's business.
5. Please provide support to email link to "folders" instead of just files (dropbox style). This will allow to be able to share whole albums. This should be done by providing link to an URL and not zipped file containers.
6. And lastly (for now), provide the same support on iPad, iPhone that exists on Android devices and wd photos on iPad, that is: expor/upload local device content to my book live.
I just had a winder full idea how to definitely improve the usability of the mycloud app. Wouldn't it be great if the users were able to open download and USE files in the apple formats like numbers and pages the way they are used to do with Microsoft's formats. Currently the apple files are displayed as folders and therefore useless on any iOS device.
WD 2go is a great App!! But it only plays videos on the iOS device. It does not do TV Out or support Airplay. I want to be able to connect my iPad to the my TV via the 32pin cable with the HDMI adapter, and also use Apple TV and AirPlay to steam videos from my My Book Live Duo.
would like to see the option to play entire albums, genres, or complete collection of music via wd 2 go as at present you can only play one track then go back into folder to select next and a similar thing happens with photos in you only get one at a time so unlike wd photos where you can flick through entire albums in wd2go you again have to go back to main folder to select another photo and i would like to see it work like wdphoto app so you can view all photos from albums in a slide mode
Just switched over from Android to Windows. Disappointed in that WD Photo is not available. Loyal customer (My Book Live, 2 WD TV Lives) requesting some additional support for WD apps on windows phones.
The Windows Phone 7.5 (particularly post-Mango) is becoming much more popular and is finally gaining market share. For good reasons...for once, albiet belatedly, MS has put out a quality product that rivals and sometimes even exceeds the Android and iOS competition.
I would very much appreciate a WP7 implementation for WD 2go. To do so now rather than later would be impressively forward-thinking.
the media streaming provider Plex has a great potential to make the wd my cloud even better. the possibillity to play my most demanding hd movies or anything else anywhere on any device, but mainly movies. i´m sure your know that plex needs a media server in the form of a pc or a nas, if you then press nas when you are setting up your plex server alot of nas manufacturers appear, but saddly not WD. the great thing about plex for me atleast is that it will stream my media with a smaller bitrate if im streaming to my phone for exampel, and plex will play any codec in any container and the plex app is anywhere smart tv´s, phones, pc´s........
this whould make my wd my cloud even better, please contact plex to see if this is a possibillity
I would like to request that WD consider adding HBO Go to the WDTV Plus device. It seems to be a mature platform that likely a good percentage of WDTV Plus users would appreciate. It seems like the interface is similar to the Netfix app., and could make this a more useful product. I hope that WD has the ability to this and will give it serious consideration.
I really like WD's My Book Live, have 2 and will buy more when it works well enough. The new app is really faster than the previous method of connecting, but lost a lot compared to the use of Finder.
I cannot copy files, dragging and dropping between folders - I cannot have two folders visible. I cannot search or filter. I cannot see images without opening or do a quick view.
It's an app. Albeit shiny.
So this is what I need to finally leave the NSA, sorry, Dropbox, SugarSunc and Google Drive:
1. Use Finder, like Dropbox does - could be a local folder sync:ed to the WD drive, if only performance is ok, could be a folder to the drive - could be both for different uses (such as using files offline, just like Dropbox);
2. Add search - I have all of my past business life on these drives but it is not easy (to say impossible) to search within them. Soadd indexing to the drive OS and either make it possible to search with Spotlight or add a tool to search from Finder.
3. Be able to share a folder with outside parties (nice to have, but I can keep using Dropbox for this);
4. And if you really want to integrate with dropbox, make the integration between the drive and Dropbox, not at the app level.