We are looking for feedback on your experience with the WD TV family of products. Please take this quick survey to give us feedback and help us create the next generation of media players that you and future WD customers will love.
as the initial build of the media library and/or content information takes "forever" for my 3TB drive, would it be possible to have a PC software to do the job on the USB drive ? It should save hours and moreover with another drive I could watch movies meanwhile.
2. It asks me which folders I want to search for video/pictures/music
3. It finds them all, regardless of what my folder structure is like and records their location
4. It gathers meta data for all of the items it can find
5. I start WDTV and I have the following options:
* These should be configurable, I should be able to create my own custom views based upon the meta data available (eventually).
6. I select a Movie and it starts playing it (I don't have to navigate into a folder etc)
7. I select a TV Show and it then either give me a list of seasons or episodes that I can watch (and some indication of what I have already watched so I know where I am up to)
At the moment, the Media Library is very dependent upon how we structure our Movie and TV folders which isn't ideal as everyone will have their own implementation (and its crazy that everyone would need to amend their structure just so the WDTV plays nice). WDTV shouldn't care where it found the movie/tv show it should just record that it did, display it so it can be selected and then play it without me having to navigate to it. I have my movies in their own folders so the meta data isn't displayed unless I am in the actual folder which is a poor implementation.
WDTV has done all the hard work - it's gotten all of the meta data - it just has a very poor way of showing it.
What we really want from the WDTV is to plug it in and be able to play our movies/tv shows immediately (after its built its library). At the moment, having to explain that you have to change the source, navigate into folders, etc, etc is clunky. This needs to be Plug n Play.
Would be good if the media library data (meta, xml, backdrops) was all stored centrally in subfolder in the media library share location rather than having all the data mixed up with the video files. this would be much tidier and and also make it easier to view the folder contents without having to sort or filter out the video files from the wdtv data im not interested in.